SUMNER — Many of the activities for Sumner-Fredericksburg’s Homecoming week beginning Sunday, Sept. 22 are centered around sports.
The district’s fun starts with Ironman volleyball in the Blue Gym, from 4-4:50 p.m. on Sunday. Freshmen take on the sophomores from 4-4:20 and then seniors take on juniors from 4:30-4:50 p.m.
Powder Puff Football at the practice field starts at 5 until 5:25 p.m., with the freshmen vs sophomores, and then at 5:30-6 p.m., the seniors vs. juniors.
The fun continues with traditional Spirit Days, celebrated throughout homecoming week:
• Monday, Sept. 23, is music Monday, and students can dress as their favorite musician /band day.
• Tuesday, Sept. 24, is tailgate day. Students can dress as their favorite pro or college team. Also scheduled are a home volleyball game and the traditional royalty night, before the varsity match. Parents will escort the court.
• Wednesday, Sept. 25, is Wild West Wednesday. Students can dress in jeans, boots and plaid. Dismissal is scheduled at 1:05 p.m. for the Homecoming activities that start at 1:15 p.m. and continue until 3:15 p.m. Those activities include the class lip sync in the auditorium, the Championship Ironman volleyball game in the blue gym, and a championship powderpuff football game on the practice field.
• Thursday, Sept. 26, is Time Warp Day. Students can dress according to decade chosen per class: freshmen-1950’s, sophomores-1960’s, juniors-1970’s, seniors- 1980’s.
• Friday, Sept. 27, is Cougar Pride Day. Students are invited to dress in blue, green and gold. An FCCLA breakfast is scheduled from 6:30-8 a.m. Dismissal is at 1:05 p.m. A pep rally starts in the blue gym at 1:15 p.m. during which the coronation of the king and queen will take place. Connor Schult will be the alumni speaker at the rally.
The parade will follow at 2:30 p.m., and the football run at 4 p.m. The Homecoming football game kicks off at 7 p.m.
The Homecoming dance follows on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 8:30-11:30 p.m. at the high school Blue Gym. Entrance fee of $5 per person.